[ms4w-users] Unable to load dynamiclibrary/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_44.dll

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 20 12:10:32 EDT 2005

Hi Matt,

Hmm, I've taken some time to look into this tricky issue.  Glad to hear
that you solved it by downloading the dll, but I was curious as to why
occasionally we hear of a user without this windows dll on their system.

I found this link
(http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/microsoft/various/dcom/2004-q3/0005.html)
which explains that the dll is not part of all windows systems (which
explains why we see this problem once in a while).  However because it's
a windows dll and it might have other inter-dependencies, we can't
package it with MS4W.

I'll add this info to the ms4w install notes, so there is a record of
this problem for other users.  Thanks for mentioning this again.

jeff

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> Hi There, back in June 2005 there is a thread about this error message.
> I have this same problem and same OS version (Win2ksp4). When I try and
> load kamap/init.php in the browser I see:
> ------
> *Warning*: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_44.dll' - The specified
> module could not be found. in *G:\ms4w\apps\kamap-0.1.1\htdocs\init.php*
> on line *41*
>
> *Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> *G:\ms4w\apps\kamap-0.1.1\htdocs\init.php* on line *42
> ------
> *
> On the sever's desktop there is a system error from php:
> *------
> *php.exe - unable to locate DLL
> The dynamic link library MSVCP60.dll could not be found in the specified
> path
> G:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;c:\utils;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.
> *------
> *
> I dowloaded that dll from
> http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp60 and unzipped
> into System32 and now it seems copacetic.
>
> --
> -matt

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca