[ms4w-users] OGR MySQL support

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:37:48 EDT 2005

On 9/13/05, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I did compile it against the MySQL client on win32, it's quite
> straightforward.
>
> PHP/Mapscript is probably built against GDAL 1.2.6, and the speed-up
> improvements for Virtual Spatial Data that you need Tom are not in 1.2.6.
> So you could drop them in your 1.2.6 GDAL tree and compile a new
> gdal12.dll, which would not require building a new PHP/Mapscript or
> mapserver binary.

Bart / Tom,

Actually I am always pretty nervous about dropping in a gdal12.dll
built from a different version of GDAL than what MapServer
was built against.  MapServer uses the OGR C++ API and any
minor change to the C++ API will generally break compatibility.

So you can try, but it if doesn't work you would likely be looking
at a harder re-compilation problem.  Possibly carrying the
VRT driver changes back into a GDAL 1.2.6 tree or bugging DM
for a newer MS4W build.