[ms4w-users] Error: Entry for SDE instance not found in servi ces file.

Steffen Macke sdteffen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 16:32:26 EDT 2006

Baak,

thanks for your feedback, with the connection parameter I've outlined below,
the problem is gone. SDE was installed on one of our client's machines
by the local ESRI distributor.

> Standart installation of SDE generates esri_sde port 5151 service so it
> value must be in ur service file.

Exactly, esri_sde is 5151/tcp in the services file

> Prove using ur service port directly or verify which port do u configure for
> ur database.

As I mentioned, things are working now nicely using the connection
string below. I was only confused that e.g. ogr2ogr where working if
I specified 5151 while mapserver/mapscript where not. I had to use esri_sde
there.

Regards,

Steffen