[ms4w-users] Problems with PHP MapScript (php_mapscript_48.dll)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Dec 15 17:16:53 EST 2006

A good test is also extracting the 'PHP/MapScript Sample Application'
from the MS4W downloads page and see if it works (you'll have to make
sure that its code points to your php mapscript dll name first, in the
'gmap75.phtml' file).

Then, if it is just a problem with your own php test script, you'll need
to turn to the main MapServer mailing list for your question, since the
PHP MapScript users and developers live there. (note that you should
always include your full test script when posting to those lists)

jeff

Gaston Izaguirre wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've installed a fresh copy of MS4W 1.5.5 (mapserver 4.8.4, php
> 4.4.3-dev, apache 2.0.58, MapLab 2.2.1) for testing pourpouses. I've
> done this because of the behavior of MapLab with PHP 5.x (bundled in
> MS4W 2.x)
>
> I tried to run a simple "hello_world" PHP script (phpms_hola-mundo.php)
> and I get this error:
>
>  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ms_newmapobj() in
> C:\ms4w\apps\mis_pruebas\htdocs\phpms_hola-mundo.php on line 9
>
> where line 9 of the script is:
>
>  $map = ms_newMapObj("/ms4w/apps/mis_pruebas/htdocs/hola-mundo.map");
>
> I've checked the configuration with
> php ..\htdocs\phpinfo_mapscript_48.php
> and seems to be all fine...
> MapScript Version: ($Revision: 1.242.2.2 $ $Date: 2006/03/16 21:03:01 $)
>
> Confusingly, I didn't get a warning of the kind:
>
>  Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/ms4w/Apache/php/ext/php_mapscript_48.dll'
>
> or something similar. Only the error mentioned above.
>
> Is there someone to give me a hand on this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gaston.

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca