R: Re: [ms4w-users] How to compile additional GDAL/OGR drivers

Frédéric Trastour support at geoimage.fr
Mon Feb 20 06:15:28 EST 2006

Hello,

I can't  load my gdal driver plugins in ms4w.

I have downloaded gdal 1.3.1.
I have built it and compiled my driver against.
I can load my plugin with this compiled distrib (this works with all the utilities like gdalinfo).
I compile with vc6.

But, I cant' make it works with ms4w. This do not work with mapserver or gdal utils.

The driver is recognized (my GDALRegister_GEO is called) but It seems that the call to
GetGDALDriverManager()->RegisterDriver fails : a call to the function GDALGetDriverByName( "GEO" )
returns NULL just after the registering.

I have checked the DLLs loaded ( by my driver and by ms4w:gdalinfo ) and this looks correct.

There is probably something incompatible but I don't know what.

Any ideas ?

Frédéric Trastour - SpacEyes - dev at spaceyes.fr