[ms4w-users] RE: Need to upgrade to PHP 5

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 29 09:02:19 EST 2006

Hello,

First, there are more recent versions of MS4W.

I haven't used PHP5, but you'll need to download the PHP5 windows zip
binary package (http://www.php.net/downloads.php), extract that into
/ms4w/Apache/, and configure it with Apache.    You'll need to place the
php.ini in /cgi-bin/ and use the same settings as the existing one.
Place php.exe in /cgi-bin/ as well (just follow the existing ms4w
configuration).

You'll also need to download PHP/mapscript binaries as well for PHP5
(http://www.maptools.org/php_mapscript/index.phtml?page=downloads.html).
  Extract the dll's and mapserv.exe into the /cgi-bin/ folder, and the
mapscript dll into PHP's extensions folder.

Use the existing configuration of php in ms4w to guide you.

Hope this helps a little.

jeff

Mario Servin wrote:

> [...]

DM Solutions Group Inc.