[ms4w-users] RE: Need to upgrade to PHP 5

Mario Servin mservin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:19:41 EST 2006

  _____

From: Mario Servin [mailto:mservin at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 3:59 PM
To: 'ms4w-users at lists.maptools.org'
Subject: Need to upgrade to PHP 5

Hi all,
I have downloaded and installed MS4W package with the following
configuration:
MS4W 1.3

 Apache version 2.0.55

- PHP version 4.4.0

- MapServer CGI 4.4.2, 4.6.1
    - support GD 2.0.28, FreeType 1.3.1, GDAL/OGR 1.3.1, PROJ,
      WMS/WFS, Flash, PDF, ECW3.1, PostGIS, libcurl 7.15.0

- PHPMapScript 4.4.2, 4.6.1
    - support GD 2.0.28, FreeType 1.3.1, GDAL/OGR 1.3.1, PROJ,
      WMS/WFS, Flash, PDF, ECW3.1, PostGIS, libcurl 7.15.0

- gdal/ogr utilities

- mapserver utilities

- OGR/PHP Extension 1.0.0

- OWTChart 1.2.0

MapServer Version Information
=============================

  MapServer version 4.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
  OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
  SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
  SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
  INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Now, due to problems for getting DOMDocument class to work in PHP 4.4 I need
to upgrade to PHP 5 (DOMDocument as default). Can anybody give me some
advice or guidelines to follow for this? Apache is the only web server I
have installed in my Windows XP Pro.
    Regards,
                Mario