[ms4w-users] New Upgrade (1.4.1) causes dll error and slow apps

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 31 10:14:06 EST 2006

MS4W 1.4.1 contains 4.6 and 4.8 phpmapscript dlls, and your chameleon is
probably configured for 4.4 (which is not included in MS4W 1.4.1).  So
you should edit the /chameleon/config/chameleon.xml file, and change the
'mapscript_module' parameter to point to the name of the 4.6 or 4.8
mapscript dll in your ms4w package:

    <param-value>php_mapscript_48.dll</param-value>

I have no idea what to say about your "sluggishness", I've never heard
of that before.

jeff

Jennifer Zeisloft wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I recently upgraded our ms4w installation to 1.4.1.  I copied over the
> chameleon applications we developed and when attempting to access them
> received the following error:
>
> Unable to load dynamic library
> '/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_44.dll'
>
> So, I went back to the old installation to copy and paste this file to
> the new installation.
> The application works as it should but is notably slower.
>
> My question is: which file(s) is calling for 4.4 rather than 4.6 or 4.8
> to be used?  I would like to do a true upgrade and not be stuck using
> older components if possible.  I am hoping that this is the cause of the
> new sluggishness of the application as well.
>
> I really appreciate any hints or ideas you can offer!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jennifer Zeisloft
> UW Sea Grant Institute

DM Solutions Group Inc.