[ms4w-users] Mapserver broken? ms4w 1.5.2

Schmoll,Martin [Edm] Martin.Schmoll at EC.gc.ca
Mon May 8 13:10:52 EDT 2006

I just uninstalled ms4w 1.5.1, and installed ms4w 1.5.2.  I have the
same problem as Ben - MapServer won't start.  I get the same errors.

cheers

Martin

Ben Madin
Mon May 8 08:33:14 EDT 2006

  _____

I have applied the patch referred to in Bugzilla Bug 1409 [MS4W-PHP]
Application error php.exe
and appeared to be OK,
but when I downloaded the ms4w 1.5.2 I have been unable to start
Mapserver, getting a message about a missing library. I have tried
downloading that library and restarting the computer, but it didn't
help.
Jacob Delfos has been quite helpful, but I am not an expert on this
stuff by any stretch, and was quite fond of the drag and work
approach of ms4w, so would rather see if that can be fixed.

clicking on cgi-bin/mapserv.exe
The web page gave a message about a configuration error, but the
error log showed :

Premature end of script headers: mapserv.exe, referer : http://
10.0.1.2/index.phtml

When I follow http://10.0.1.2/phpinfo_mapscript_48.php

I get :

Warning: dl() [function.dl.html]: Unable to load dynamic library '/
ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_48.dll' - The specified
module could not be found. in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs
\phpinfo_mapscript_48.php on line 2

as the library is in this location, I assume that this is a problem
related to Mapserver above.

When I just double clicked on the mapserv.exe I got this message

mapserv.exe - Unable to locate Component

This application has failed to start because MSVCR71D.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Also with Dependency Walker,  MSVCP71D.dll was missing. It might be
the same thing, I am not sure!

cheers

Ben