[ms4w-users] Mapserver broken? ms4w 1.5.2

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at xs4all.nl
Mon May 8 13:51:51 EDT 2006

I also checked, I think something went wrong with the compile, since it
seems to depend on the debug dll's from Microsoft.

Downloading the following 2 dll's and placing them in the cgi-bin folder
of MS4W is a temporary fix:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp71d
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71d

Best regards,
Bart

Schmoll,Martin [Edm] wrote:

> I just uninstalled ms4w 1.5.1, and installed ms4w 1.5.2. I have the
> same problem as Ben – MapServer won’t start. I get the same errors.
>
> cheers
>
> Martin
>
> * Ben Madin *
> /Mon May 8 //08:33:14 EDT// 2006/
>
> I have applied the patch referred to in Bugzilla Bug 1409 [MS4W-P HP]
>
> Application error php.exe
>
> and appeared to be OK,
>
> but when I downloaded the ms4w 1.5.2 I have been unable to start
>
> Mapserver, getting a message about a missing library. I have tried
>
> downloading that library and restarting the computer, but it didn't
>
> help.
>
> Jacob Delfos has been quite helpful, but I am not an expert on this
>
> stuff by any stretch, and was quite fond of the drag and work
>
> approach of ms4w, so would rather see if that can be fixed.
>

> clicking on cgi-bin/mapserv.exe
>
> The web page gave a message about a configuration error, but the
>
> error log showed :
>

> Premature end of script headers: mapserv.exe, referer : http://
>
> 10.0.1.2/index.phtml
>

> When I follow http://10.0.1.2/phpinfo_mapscript_48.php
>

> I get :
>

> Warning: dl() [function.dl.html]: Unable to load dynamic library '/
>
> ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_48.dll' - The specified
>
> module could not be found. in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs
>
> \phpinfo_mapscript_48.php on line 2
>

> as the library is in this location, I assume that this is a problem
>
> related to Mapserver above.
>

> When I just double clicked on the mapserv.exe I got this message
>

> mapserv.exe - Unable to locate Component
>

> This application has failed to start because MSVCR71D.dll was not
>
> found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>

> Also with Dependency Walker,  MSVCP71D.dll was missing. It might be
>
> the same thing, I am not sure!
>

> cheers
>

> Ben

Bart van den Eijnden