[ms4w-users] Mapserver broken? ms4w 1.5.2

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 9 20:27:19 EDT 2006

Well Bart was correct, MS4W 1.5.2 was indeed built mistakenly in debug
mode, adding a few unwanted dependencies.

Version 1.5.3 is now available, fixing this issue
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html).

As a side note, while looking into that problem, I discovered that what
seemed like 'older' windows machines always lacked 2 dll files -
msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.  My understanding now is that these are the
microsoft runtime libraries required, and are part of the .NET v1.1
framework package.  These 2 dlls are now included in ms4w 1.5.3, in the
/Apache/cgi-bin/ folder, in case the machine you are using does not have
these files.

Also, this MS4W version includes the libmap.dll files for Oracle and SDE
already inside the package (previously you had to download them).  For
more information see the README's "GDAL Plugins" section
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#c-gdal-ogr-plugins).

If you can, please test and report back.  Please use the MS4W bugzilla
for reporting issues
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=bugs.html).

I almost forgot, for those needing to tweak the build output themselves,
Howard Butler has packaged a new MapServer buildkit
(http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/).  This MS4W was
built with the 4.8.3-2 buildkit.

And if you're ever confused at what has been changed in MS4W, see the
HISTORY.txt file included in the package, or at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=HISTORY.txt

jeff

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca