[ms4w-users] Mapserver broken? ms4w 1.5.2

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 10 11:47:39 EDT 2006

Jeff McKenna wrote:

> As a side note, while looking into that problem, I discovered that what
> seemed like 'older' windows machines always lacked 2 dll files -
> msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.  My understanding now is that these are the
> microsoft runtime libraries required, and are part of the .NET v1.1
> framework package.  These 2 dlls are now included in ms4w 1.5.3, in the
> /Apache/cgi-bin/ folder, in case the machine you are using does not have
> these files.

Is it really a good idea to includes these DLLs in the default MS4W package?

My fear is that on systems where those DLLs are present, they may have
been updated to a more recent version by Windows Update (or some other
Microsoft software install) and the older MS4W copy of the DLLs would be
used instead. Probably not a huge deal, but that defeats the purpose of
DLLs.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette