[ms4w-users] SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "/cgi-bin ........once again

ax.steinhardt at web.de ax.steinhardt at web.de
Sun May 21 09:43:10 EDT 2006

Hello list,
two days ago IŽve sent my first question to this list and IŽve got no answer yet.
Please, tell me, if I sent it to the right adress and if I followed the rules of communications.

The question deals with ms4w package, more precisely with changing the mapserv.exe filename as descript in C:\ms4w\httpd.d\httpd_ms_ogc_workshop.conf
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "/cgi-bin ........

My first question was like:

Hi,
IŽm useing ms4w package under Win XP pro as descript in the documentaion. IŽm following the ms_workshop.

When I tried to rename the Žmapserv.exeŽ to another name e.g. ŽmapservaxlŽ by editing the Žhttpd_ms_ogc_workshop.confŽ I inserted "SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mapservaxl" MS_MAPFILE= /ms_ogc_workshop/client/default/demo.map".
I restarted the Apache- Server more than once.

I estimated that the file name would have changed permanantly this ought to mean the requests are sent to ŽmapservaxlŽ. The first call works but when I iniciate the first action like Žzoom inŽ the adressline reflects the filename Žmapserv.exeŽ as requested application.
What is wrong, do I misunderstand the recommondation to change the filename?
You know, most of the WMS I find on the internet has different names as Žmapserv.exeŽ?!
For example: http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv48?img.x=460&img.y=202&mode= ....."
How to achieve this renaming?

Exuse my bad english and thanks for help

Axel