[ms4w-users] SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "/cgi-bin ........once again

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon May 22 08:27:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

Answers inline below:

> I inserted "SetEnvIfNoCase
> Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mapservaxl" MS_MAPFILE=
> /ms_ogc_workshop/client/default/demo.map".

MS_MAPFILE is the full path to your mapfile, relative to the MS4W root
(not the URL).  And also, to be safe always use the ".exe" extension when
referring to your mapserv filename:

SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mapservaxl.exe"
MS_MAPFILE=/ms4w/apps/ms_ogc_workshop/service/config.map

> I estimated that the file name would have changed permanantly this ought
> to mean the requests are sent to ´mapservaxl´. The first call works but
> when I iniciate the first action like ´zoom in´ the adressline reflects
> the filename ´mapserv.exe´ as requested application.

You will have to change all calls in your application to this
"mapservaxl.exe" file.  For example, the default client in this
ms_ogc_workshop package has a file "demo_init.html" (in
\ms4w\apps\ms_ogc_workshop\client\default\) - to use this application you
will have to edit line 19 (the action) and line 26 (the program hidden
variable, so all subsequent requests use your new filename):

line19: 		<form method="get" action="/cgi-bin/mapservaxl.exe">

line
26: 				<input type="hidden" name="program" value="/cgi-bin/mapservaxl.exe"/>

good luck.

jeff