[ms4w-users] Baisc Windows question....

Anthony Gangemi gangemia at usq.edu.au
Mon Nov 20 01:56:12 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm also using this book with Windows and I've started the process. You
can find my code modifications at the following URL:
http://www.usq.edu.au/users/gangemia/ms/

In the mapfiles and template files, you will see the file path
modifications and other minor changes/additions I've made to fit my
Windows system.

Some of the issues I've found whilst using this book with Windows XP
are:

page 21, the listing for line 04 for Windows must be: <form method =POST
action="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe">
Therefore wherever you see "/cgi-bin/mapserv", append it with ".exe"

page 53, listing 3-2, after line 007 add the following:
<input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath" value="/ms4w/tmp/">
page 54, listing 3-3, after line 49 add the the following:
<input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
value="[map_web_imagepath]">

Adding these lines make my applications work.  There are probably more
changes/additions as you get deeper into the book.  So far I'm on
chapter 4 and I still have issues with the chapter 4 code that I need to
resolve  (will investigate this when I find time).

Regards

Tony Gangemi

University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Australia
Faculty of Engineering and Surveying
Email: gangemia[at]usq.edu.au