[ms4w-users] FastCGI crashes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 20 10:41:26 EDT 2006

Roland Martin wrote:
> Anyway... where was I? Oh yes, the question... I've searched through the
> bugzillas, but I can't find any record of this - yet if you search the
> email lists there are a number of different posts that seem to refer to
> this same problem. Is it a known error? Should I upgrade to 2.2? Will
> that make any difference? etc. etc.
>
> Alternatively, do I need to change some local configuration somewhere?

Roland,

I have seen some of these messages but I haven't looked into them and I'm
not even really clear if they relate to using mapserv.exe in fastcgi mode
(which I worked on), or whether it is fastcgi at the php level.  All I can
say is that none of the bug reports ended up in bugzilla and assigned to me.

If the problems do relate to mapserv.exe fastcgi mode, and you can submit
a bug report with a reproducable test case, I would potentially be willing
to look into it, though I'm not sure that I even have a windows apache
server setup for fastcgi work anymore.   I do have a linux instance if it
could be reproduced there - so much easier for me to work on!