[ms4w-users] Oracle with MS4W

Zachary Stauber zstauber at bhinc.com
Thu Jan 18 15:44:59 EST 2007

Hi all, I’m running MS4W on IIS6, and I can talk to PostGIS just fine, but I followed the instructions to move the DLL’s so I can get into Oracle Spatial, and I get an error about php_mapscript.dll not being able to be loaded anymore, even if I am not yet trying to load anything from Oracle.  I know this problem existed in the past with version 1.5.4, but I wonder if anyone has gotten it to work yet.  The error has to do when I move the libmap.dll to cgi-bin.  Then it stops working and I get the following error:

Warning: dl() [function.dl <http://tx17.bhinc.com/function.dl> ]: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:¥ms4w¥Apache¥php¥ext¥php_mapscript.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in C:¥Inetpub¥wwwroot¥TX17¥index.phtml on line 135

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ms_newMapObj() in C:¥Inetpub¥wwwroot¥TX17¥index.phtml on line 138
PHP Warning: dl() [function.dl <http://tx17.bhinc.com/function.dl> ]: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:¥ms4w¥Apache¥php¥ext¥php_mapscript.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in C:¥Inetpub¥wwwroot¥TX17¥index.phtml on line 135 PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ms_newMapObj() in C:¥Inetpub¥wwwroot¥TX17¥index.phtml on line 138

Zachary L. Stauber

Certified Mapping Scientist

Bohannan▲Huston

Courtyard One, 7500 Jefferson N.E.