[ms4w-users] Oracle with MS4W

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jan 19 15:44:53 EST 2007

Zak,

I admit that before MS4W 2.1 there were problems with this plugin, but
as of 2.1 I have been testing this plugin myself and many users have
reported successful connections to Oracle since v2.1.  However, since
MS4W 2.2.2 was released only a few days ago (and there has been no other
feedback), you might also test with a little older version (2.2.1 from
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/).

> 1. Is there something particular to Apache that uses libmap.dll?

No.

> 2. Or is there something in the regular Oracle 10g client (as opposed to Oracle XE) that libmap.dll needs?

I don't think so.  But I use the regular Oracle 10g client.  All of the
libmap.dll requirements should already be included in the cgi-bin folder.

Sorry I am of no real help.

jeff

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca