[ms4w-users] helpme!

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 27 15:08:33 EDT 2007

MS4W is designed for creating all Apache aliases in the /ms4w/httpd.d/
directory.  If I were you I would remove your aliases from the
httpd.conf file and make sure they are only included in the /httpd.d/
directory (to make sure that you don't have duplicates).

pham thi thanh tra wrote:
> dear,
> I am using MS4W2.2.3.  I have an application named mymap. It runed OK.
> But when I uninstall apache and delete C:\MS4W then unzip it again in
> C:\MS4W. I register mymap  such that:
>     - copy mymap in to C:\MS4W\apps
>     - In C:\ms4w\Apache\conf\httpd.conf  add alias: Alias /mymap/
> /ms4w/apps/mymap/htdocs/ under #Alias for MapServer tmp directory line
>     - I create httpd_mymap file with contain:
>        Alias /mymap/ "/ms4w/apps/mymap/htdocs/"
>
>     <Directory "/ms4w/apps/mymap/htdocs">
>       AllowOverride None
>       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
>       Order allow,deny
>       Allow from all
>     </Directory>
>     - copy httpd_mymap file in to C:\MS4W\httpd.d directory and restart
> apache. But it return error:
> "The alias directive in C:\MS4W\httpd.d\httpd_mymap.conf  at line 1 will
> probably never match because it overlaps an earlier alias"
> I check all aliases but not find any one same with "mymap"
> How to correct this problem?
> Thank!

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca