[ms4w-users] Problems in testing Java Mapscript

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 4 08:30:19 EDT 2007

I have a few comments below:

Gaia Trecarichi wrote:

> *1- As far as I can understand there is a library, namely sde91.dll,
> that is needed by libmap.dll. I can't    find this library in my system.
> Is there anybody who knows where I can download this library? (but I
> think I don't need it since I'm not using ESRI's ArcSDE)*

This is only needed if you used the libmap.dll in
/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/ignored-libmap/sde9.1/ (as noted in
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#sde-9-1)

> *2- Is it possible that my Java Mapscript files are not compatible with
> my JDK version 1.6.0? I say it because I read in the README_INSTALL.txt
> of MS4W the following:*
>
> *MapScript*
>
> *…*
>
> *Java MapScript: compiled against Java 1.5.07*
>
> *…*

Not sure.  I'm not a javamapscript expert.  But you should try sending
your javamapscript question to the main MapServer email list (info at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/mailinglists/mapserver-users/)
since the Java people live there.

jeff

DM Solutions Group Inc.