[ms4w-users] ms4w_2_2_2_win_postgrsql_x_y_z

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 9 11:43:46 EST 2007

Robert,

People on the Mapbender mailing list (see
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Mapbender_Mailing_Lists) would have
more knowledge when it comes to this (PHP and PostgreSQL requirements
for Mapbender), but I think you would be ok to install the latest
PostgreSQL version. (but i'm not a Mapbender user...yet)

jeff

Buchholz, Robert wrote:
> Dear helpful list,
>
> I am very sorry, but I am thick of the try and error principle and Murphy's Law:
> My actual installation:
> -windows 2000 sp 4
> -MS4W 2.2.2
> -Mapbender 2.4
> As I noticed I need to install Postgresql as well to get Mapbender working. From my localhost\phpinfo.php I found out that
> pgsql - PostgreSQL Support - Postgresql (libpq) Version - 8.1.4 is enabled. Does this mean this is the postgres version I have to install?
> At http://www.postgresql.org/ I can just find 8.1.8, 8.2.3. and 8.0.12 but not 8.1.4.
> Please give me some help regarding the working version in my environment.
> Thanks a lot in advance,
> Robert

> Robert Buchholz
> Sachbearbeiter Referat S 7 (Trainee)
> Landesumweltamt Brandenburg
> Haus 2, Zi.: 258
> Seeburger Chaussee 2
> 14476 Potsdam OT Groß Glienicke
> Tel.: 033201 - 442 - 127
> E-Mail: Robert.Buchholz at LUA.Brandenburg.de

DM Solutions Group Inc.
http://www.dmsolutions.ca