[ms4w-users] ArcSDE connection

János Gonzales janos.gonzales at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:08:30 EST 2007

Hi Jeff,

I have "C:\ArcGIS\ArcSDE\bin"  in my system path and I seem to be
making the connection to SDE.

When I run mapserver through the command line, like so:
mapserv.exe QUERY_STRING="map=test.map&layer=sdelayer ..."
I get the output that would normally go into an html page. If I check
the output directory I see that the image created from the SDE layer
is there.

However, when trying to access mapserver via a url with the same query
string, I get a "500 internal server error"

At this point I don't get any error messages in the mapserver error
log, and the Apache error log just reports "Premature end of script
headers".

If I replace the libmap.dll  with its non-sde version then I do not
get the server error.

I'm really not sure what else I'm missing.

Thanks,
Janos