[ms4w-users] Setting Up Apache

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed May 30 19:11:51 EDT 2007

G'day Stephen,

I'll preface this with saying I have limited experience with Windows,
but I suspect you will have to stop the IIS service prior to running
the install.bat for the apache server. I think this can be done
through the Administrative Tools -> Services.

You may also have to configure the Windows Firewall once the apache
service is running to allow the apache service through it. I recall
having to do this, but I have installed once, and am still happily
using that installation.

It may also be possible to change the network port that Apache is
listening on, but I would try the above items first.

There are many others with a better understanding than I, so I hope
they might help as well.

cheers

Ben

--