[ms4w-users] gdal_step_by_step

Andre van Atten AvanAtten at reisinformatiegroep.nl
Mon Nov 12 02:57:06 EST 2007

Robert,

You have to put al index shapefiles in the path you defined in the map
file as shape path, like "../data", which is relatively to your map
file. Use one shape path. This is the path where you put all other
normal shapefiles in, you can test first if your app and your map file
finds a "normal" shape file instead of an index shape file.
Each index shape file you have myindex1.shp, myindex2.shp etc, has a
shape file and a dbf file. In the dbf file you have a field, in your
case, called "Location" (The TILEITEM definition in your layer file). In
that field you have to put the full path and name of each of your file,
e.g. G:\gisdata\yourdir\tif\picture1.TIF. (In windows these are
backslashes in the shape file!, in the mapfile you use slashes! ) Each
picture has its own record and points to the picture path\name.ext. You
can check the content of the dbf-file with a gis tool that can read
shapes, or open the dbf with a viewer, like excel.

Succes!

Andre