[ms4w-users] MS4W 2.2.7 available

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 8 22:37:27 EST 2008

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> MS4W 2.2.7 is now available
> (http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html), with the
> following changes:
>
>         - upgraded mapserver and mapscript to 5.0.2 release
>         - upgraded GDAL to 1.5.0 release (bug 1830)
>         - upgraded to Python 2.5.1 support for GDAL and MapServer (bug 1831)
>         - upgraded PHP to 5.2.5 (bug 1834)
>         - upgraded Apache to 2.2.8 (bug 1835)
>         - upgraded to GD 2.0.35 support for MapServer (bug 1820)
>         - upgraded to SWIG 1.3.33 support for GDAL and MapServer (bug 1780)
>         - upgraded to libTIFF CVS support (02/04/08) for GDAL
>         - added DEMtools utilities (bug 1813)
>         - upgraded SDE and Oracle plugin files for GDAL and MapServer

Jeff,

I notice that the DEM tools are compiled with GDAL statically which makes
the .exe files quite large (2.5MB each).  If you linked them against gdal_i.lib
they would use the GDAL DLL and should be quite small.

I'm hoping to steal the apache setup, and perhaps python and php from
MS4W for preliminary incorporation into OSGeo4W.