[ms4w-users] Can't get rid of parsing error while trying the "hello world" and Itasca test in Mapserver

Joe Nannery joealan at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 13 13:38:00 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm new, and am currently having trouble figuring out what's wrong with my .map files.  I've checked all the lines in my .map files for missing parenthesees.  I'm getting this error when I try to click the button to load both test map files:

loadWeb(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (C):(line 1)

Is there something wrong with my environment?  Are there differences in reading code in version 5.0.0.  I am using Windows XP, Mapserver 5.0.0, Apache, and PHP 5.2.4.
Any help is appreciated!
Here is my sample hello world .map file:

MAP
    NAME "Hello Test"
    STATUS ON
    SIZE 400 300
    IMAGECOLOR 249 245 186
    IMAGETYPE png
    EXTENT -1.00 -1.00 1.00 1.00
     WEB
        TEMPLATE "c:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/hello-test.html"
        IMAGEPATH "c:/ms4w/mapfiles"
        IMAGEURL "/mapfiles/"
    END
    LAYER