[ms4w-users] MapFile vs Map Context

Keith MacLachlan keima at oppy.com
Wed Oct 22 20:23:17 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have installed MS4W and Chameleon. I have been able to get the sample apps running. Now I would like to try to get my own map file running in these sample applications.

In reviewing the Map Context approach that Chameleon seems to use I see that it is all based on WMS layers.

I have created a Map File referencing some local MapInfo TAB files, but I don't really understand how the map file relates to the context files.

Can I create an application or modify the sample Chameleon applications to simply read a map file referencing local TAB files without a context file?

Thanks,

Keith MacLachlan
Category Analyst
The Oppenheimer Group