[ms4w-users] Trying to connect to SDE using gdal

Kirouac, David David.Kirouac at maine.gov
Wed Jun 17 12:02:53 EST 2009

I am trying to connect to SDE using gdal (I want to extract SDE
rasters).  I have installed ms4w, the SDE SDK, moved the gdal_SDE.dll
and ogr_SDE.dll files from the ignored directory into the gdalplugins
directory, and ran the setenv.bat.  After moving the .dll files I get
error messages that "gdal15.dll was not found" and "ERROR1: Can't load
requested DLL: C:\ms4w\gdalplugins\gdal_SDE.dll 126: The specified
module could not be found" when trying to run any gdal command.  Am I
missing a step(s)?

Thanks,

David Kirouac

Maine Office of GIS