[ms4w-users] Mapfile Issues

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue May 12 07:54:18 EST 2009

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Novice problems here again. I'm having display issues with my mapfiles.
> I'm simultaneously developing in Unix and Windows, an application meant
> to query a database mysql/postgres and produce unique user-derived maps,
> based on attributes of points in the shp file. I can display a png with
> the mode=map&map=/place on drive/, but I only get an image with a white
> background, and two black lines on it, which I think are the shadows of
> the scalebar. Essentially, it's being finnicky about what layers to
> display, a problem which translates itself into the javascript api I
> hope to implement to display the results.

Hi, did you resolve this problem?  Myself, for debugging map images with
MapServer I use the shp2img utility
(http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html).

If you have questions about your application, then you should probably
use the mapserver-users email list, as you'll have more chance of
getting application help there.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/