[MS4W-Users] MS4W Beta 7 -- Python-Mapscript -- queryByRect strange behavior

Christian Jauvin cjauvin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 18:21:32 EST 2009

Hi,

Following the problem description I posted last week, I have created a
very simple test case: the attached Python script creates first a map
by reading the attached mapfile, and then add five distinct point
features to its only layer. It then performs a queryByRect that
encompasses the whole layer (certain to retrieve the five features)
and prints the results. On a Linux box running Python-MS 5.0, the
results are:

<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x8cf600> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x8d28a0> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x8d2a30> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x8d2c00> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x8d2dd0> >

Five distinct objects, which is what is expected, whereas the same
script running on Windows with the latest version of MS4W (3b7, thus
running Python-MS 5.4), I get:

<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x00B6DB40> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x00B6DAE0> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x00B6DB40> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x00B6DAE0> >
<mapscript.shapeObj; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'shapeObj *' at 0x00B6DB40> >

The problem I was describing is apparent here: the five features seem
to be sharing in fact only two different objects (based on their
pointer values).

I am not familiar enough with the bowels of MapServer to be able to
debug this problem by myself, so again, any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Christian