[MS4W-Users] Python mapscript

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Sep 9 12:34:28 EST 2009

Denis Rykov wrote:

> Hi list.
> I have a problem with using python mapscrip under Windows.
> I've installed mapscript as it is described at "MapServer for Windows
> (MS4W)" README_INSTALL file.
> But if I try to run test-cgi-mapscript.py i've got a message:
> <type 'exceptions.IndentationError'>: unindent does not match any outer
> indentation level (mapscript.py, line 700)
>   args = ('unindent does not match any outer indentation level',
> (r'C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript.py', 700, 18, ' else:\n'))
>   filename = r'C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript.py'
>   lineno = 700
>   message = ''
>   msg = 'unindent does not match any outer indentation level'
>   offset = 18
>   print_file_and_line = None
>   text = ' else:\n'
> I've tryed to change 'tab' in mapscript file on four whitespase. No result.

Hi Denis,

This problem seems to exist only with MapServer 5.4.2 and Python
MapScript (it is fixed in MapServer trunk).  You can manually fix the
issue by editing mapscript.py by:

1) make sure the else on line 700 lines up with the if on line 698
2) make sure the else on line 1230 lines up with the if on line 1228

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/