[MS4W-Users] PHP Mapscript under IIS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Aug 6 15:04:46 EST 2010

Long Red wrote:
> Hello list members,
>
> I'm want to use Mapserver under IIS 6 (Windows 2003).
> Mapserver itself works as expected but PHP Mapscript not!
> I've installed the same PHP version as with the latest MS4W package except the obvious difference - NTS vs. TS, copied the php_mapscript.dll to the php extension folder and added extension=php_mapscript.dll to the php.ini.
> No missing dependencies as of Dependency Walker!
>
> What else is necessary to get PHP Mapscript running?

Hello,

You also have to tell your Internet server, in this case IIS, what
extensions to run PHP with.  You will have to goto IIS Manager, goto the
"Configuration" for your site, and add the phtml and php extensions,
making sure they point to MS4W's php-cgi.exe.  (I don't have my IIS
virtual machine running at the moment, but I believe those are the steps
required).

If you require direct support you can always contact me directly.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/