[MS4W-Users] SDE

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jan 29 10:20:17 EST 2010

Yves Moisan wrote:
>> The steps:
>> ----------
>> 1. Use MS4W 3.0 Beta 7 (or better when available).  The gdal_SDE.dll and
>> ogr_SDE.dll are compiled with a gdal17DEV.dll shipped in MS4W (in MS4W v2.3.1
>> they are compiled with gdal15.dll and won't work with MS4W 2.3.1).  I copied the
>> gdalplugins dir (with gdal_SDE.dll and ogr_SDE.dll) to be under cgi-bin.
>>
>> 2. Since the MS4W 3.0 Beta 7 is a zip style install, you'll need to set paths to
>> ensure Apache and mapserver can find msvcr90.dll and msvcp90.dll (they're in the
>> apache\cgi-bin dir I think).

Since you are using MS4W 3.0 Beta10, you should follow the exact steps
outlined in your local MS4W README, which is linked in the
"Documentation" section on your localhost page in your browser
(http://127.0.0.1).

It would be great if you could do a fresh install of beta10, at the root
of a drive, on a different machine, and report problems (testing on more
than one machine, such as XP, Vista, Windows7 also really helps)...if
there are problems or changes needed please file a ticket in the MS4W
issue tracker
(http://bugzilla.maptools.org/query.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1).  Thanks.

-jeff

FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services