[MS4W-Users] SDE

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Jan 29 11:32:38 EST 2010

> You could perhaps check with Dependency Walker (DEPENDS.EXE) and make
> sure all required DLL dependencies are present in your web server's path.

Results running depends.exe for MS4W 3.0 Beta 10 (C:\geodev_tests
\ms4w_3.0_beta10\Apache\specialplugins) :

- msplugin_sde_91.dll : Error opening files LIBMAP.DLL and SDE91.DLL

- msplugin_sde_92.dll, msplugin_sde_93.dll and msplugin_mssql2008.dll :
Error opening files LIBMAP.DLL, IESHIMS.DLL and WER.DLL

Searching in my C:\, LIBMAP.DLL is in MS4W's Apache cgi-bin dir.
IESHIMS.DLL is not anywhere and weirdly enough searching for WER.dll
pops two files that have completely unrelated names (DesktopViewer.dll
and heapViewer.dll).

I reinstalled MS4W beta10 on C:\ and followed the MS4W install readme.
I can't change the machine I'm testing on because it's the only place I
have a functional VPN connection to the customer's ArcSDE.  The only
change I did before running Apache-install.bat is to set it to another
port.  Running setenv.bat and trying :

ogrinfo -- formats

I still get "The ordinal 968 could not be located in the dynamic link
library LIBEAY32.dll"

There are 49 LIBEAY32.dll files all over the C: drive on my test system.
Sorting by size, I can see 14 different sizes, so at least 14 versions
of that dll.  Should I try pointing to each of those library versions
(yuck) ?

Can anybody confirm that "ogrinfo -- formats" runs fine on their
machine ?

TIA,

Yves