[MS4W-Users] how to display labels on my map

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jun 7 10:04:31 EST 2010

Linnet Kwamboka wrote:
> what is the difference between mapfiles created by qgis 1.0.2 and those
> of qgis 1.4 because the ones for qgis 1.4 are not displaying on any of
> the mapserver clients. then i have realised the mapfile created using
> qgis 1.0.2 does not have the font attribute, can this be affecting the
> layering?thanks

Linnet,

I think the QGIS mapfile export feature has trouble exporting symbols
and fonts; I recommend that you follow the example in the MS4W add-on
package that I referred to earlier.  You can use the fonts and symbols
in that example in your own mapfile.  (since I think I helped you
through another issue on this email list before, you will be already
familiar with using the shp2img commandline utility for testing your
mapfile)

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/