[MS4W-Users] how to display labels on my map

Linnet Kwamboka scientific1quash at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:13:13 EST 2010

hey guys,
i finally managed to display the labels, using the qgis 1.4 that exported
the symbols and fonts links successfully and i had to add in  a few lines
for the
LABELITEM "name"
 CLASSITEM "name"

and

       LABEL
        antialias true
        font "arial"
        size medium
        position auto
        angle follow
        color 255 0 0
        outlinecolor 64 64 64
        buffer 30
        partials false
    END

thanks for all your help, Jeff :)

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>wrote:

> Linnet Kwamboka wrote:
> > what is the difference between mapfiles created by qgis 1.0.2 and those
> > of qgis 1.4 because the ones for qgis 1.4 are not displaying on any of
> > the mapserver clients. then i have realised the mapfile created using
> > qgis 1.0.2 does not have the font attribute, can this be affecting the
> > layering?thanks
>
> Linnet,
>
> I think the QGIS mapfile export feature has trouble exporting symbols
> and fonts; I recommend that you follow the example in the MS4W add-on
> package that I referred to earlier.  You can use the fonts and symbols
> in that example in your own mapfile.  (since I think I helped you
> through another issue on this email list before, you will be already
> familiar with using the shp2img commandline utility for testing your
> mapfile)
>
> -jeff
>
> --
> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

With regards,
Linnet Kwamboka
site: http://geekmates.ning.com