[MS4W-Users] PHP/Mapscript functioning?

Greg Luker gluker at scu.edu.au
Wed Nov 3 16:37:03 EST 2010

Hi ms4w-users,

I'm just starting with PHP/Mapscript, after having got MapServer CGI
working fine for my application. I have a default ms4w 3.0 beta 11
installation (Win7 Pro 64), php_info lists Mapscript in the
Configuration section.
However, when I try a very basic PHP/Mapscript sample, containing
this code snippet:

     <?php
     $map_path="c:\ms4w\Apache\test\";
     $map = ms_newMapObj($map_path."hello.map");
     $image=$map->draw();
     $image_url=$image->saveWebImage();

I get the following output:

draw(); $image_url=$image->saveWebImage(); ?> "image icon" >

which looks to me like mapscript is not being found.

How can I test to see if PHP/Mapscript is available to php on my system?

Thanks,
Greg.

Greg Luker
GIS Lab Manager