[MS4W-Users] Problem installing mapserver

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Oct 25 10:20:52 EST 2010

(it seem my email provider is being blocked from this email list due to spam.
I tried sending this message 3 times this morning....for now I'll use Nabble
instead)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for using the MS4W product.

In the case of the email thread that you mentioned (Sat Oct 16 16:50:58
EST 2010) that person emailed me offline that upgrading to MS4W 3.0
solved the issue.

In your case, I have seen problems with WindowsXP (and some other
systems) with the recent MS4W's Apache; so download the following
'Microsoft 2008 Redistributable Package" and install it, and restart
Apache:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Hopefully that solves your issue.

-jeff