[MS4W-Users] Cannot get OGR output to work

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Dec 27 17:27:35 EST 2011

Hi,

I asked this same question some time ago in the Mapserver user list but I did not get very much help there. Perhaps my problem is then something related to MS4W.

My trouble is that cannot get the OGR output to work. All my trials have stopped to an error that seems to mean that Mapserver can't write out a temporary file into a temporaty directory under TEMPPATH.

I prepared a zip file containing both the data and a mapfile. After unzipping them to a directory \MS4W\map it should be possible to run the following requests.

Test data (mapfile and a small shapefile)
http://latuviitta.org/documents/wfs_outputformat_test.zip

GetCapabilities is OK for me
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/map/mapserver60_wfs_test.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getcapabilities

DescribeFeatureType is OK for me
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/map/mapserver60_wfs_test.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=describefeaturetype&typename=wfs_polygons

GetFeature with default outputformat is OK for me
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/map/mapserver60_wfs_test.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=wfs_polygons&maxfeatures=1

GetFeature with default outputformat is OK for me
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/map/mapserver60_wfs_test.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=wfs_polygons&maxfeatures=1

GetFeature with CSV outputformat fails for me
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/map/mapserver60_wfs_test.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=wfs_polygons&maxfeatures=1&outputformat=CSV

GetFeature with SHAPEZIP outputformat fails for me
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/map/mapserver60_wfs_test.map&service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=wfs_polygons&maxfeatures=1&outputformat=SHAPEZIP

CSV and SHAPEZIP output yields error message like
msOGRWriteFromQuery(): General error message. Failed to open result file '/ms4w/tmp/4eeb55f9_b1c_0/result.csv'.

-Jukka Rahkonen-