[MS4W-Users] existing Apache installation

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jan 21 12:28:20 EST 2011

Hi David,

You should be able to use the binaries that are included in MS4W 3.0 in
your other external environment.  I have included some notes on this in
your local MS4W README file (which is also online at:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#k-installing-the-ms4w-mapserver-binaries-in-other-environments).
  Because I work so much in the MS4W environment hopefully others will
have additional comments for you here on this mailing list.  I can tell
you that I do often install MS4W binaries on my client's IIS servers,
and I believe that note in the README file above links to an IIS
document that mentions how to use MS4W in that environment.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/