[MS4W-Users] undefined functions: ms_newPointObj() , ms_newMapObj(), dl() , etc.

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 28 07:23:22 EST 2011

Hello George,

To test this, on a fresh Windows machine (a machine that you've never
installed PHP or MS4W/MapServer on before) do the following:

- install MS4W
	- installer: http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w-3.0.2-setup.exe
	- or archive: http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w_3.0.2.zip

- if using archive, make sure to install Apache
	- open command prompt
	- cd to ms4w
	- execute: setenv.bat
	- execute: apache-install.bat

- open in a text editor: /ms4w/Apache/htdocs/quickmap.php

- edit line#14 (path to mapfile)

- save the file

- in your web browser, goto http://127.0.0.1/quickmap.php

- a map image should be displayed, or an error

What is your result?

(note: some users report problems with older Windows versions, such as
XP; Vista or Windows7 is recommended for this testing)

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/