[MS4W-Users] undefined functions: ms_newPointObj() , ms_newMapObj(), dl() , etc.
jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jun 28 07:23:22 EST 2011
To test this, on a fresh Windows machine (a machine that you've never
installed PHP or MS4W/MapServer on before) do the following:
- install MS4W
- installer: http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w-3.0.2-setup.exe
- or archive: http://www.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms4w_3.0.2.zip
- if using archive, make sure to install Apache
- open command prompt
- cd to ms4w
- execute: setenv.bat
- execute: apache-install.bat
- open in a text editor: /ms4w/Apache/htdocs/quickmap.php
- edit line#14 (path to mapfile)
- save the file
- in your web browser, goto http://127.0.0.1/quickmap.php
- a map image should be displayed, or an error
What is your result?
(note: some users report problems with older Windows versions, such as
XP; Vista or Windows7 is recommended for this testing)
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
On 11-06-28 4:50 AM, giorgos wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am really new into Mapscript and PHP and I have a question about
> continuous undefined function messages that I am getting. It may be
> something wrong with my configuration but I can not find what that may be.
> I am getting Fatal error messages for functions such as: "ms_newPointObj()"
> and "ms_newMapObj()".
> I looked the archive for some similar messages in the past and a reply was
> to load the mapscript by looking the example in
> I run that example and I am getting an undefined function for the dl().
> I looked the php.ini file and I have active the
> "extension=php_mapscript.dll". I think my extension directory has been set
> up fine in the php.ini and I have run out of options.
> Any help will be much appreciated.
More information about the MS4W-Users