[MS4W-Users] undefined functions: ms_newPointObj() , ms_newMapObj(), dl() , etc.

giorgos g_kokogiannakis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 19:04:10 EST 2011

Thanks very much Jeff.

You were right. I did not have a fresh machine over here but I cleaned up
the existing one, I re-installed everything and it works now.
The problem was probably caused because I installed OSGeo4W before ms4w and
I had a separate installation of PHP. Too many installations caused the
problem.
However, there is plenty of room for improving the way users find out about
this since the warning and the error messages in such cases had nothing to
do with the whole problem. Perhaps, the ms4w installer should in the future
check if exiting other installations (of PHP, Apache, etc.) exist and warn
the user.

Many thanks again,
George