[MS4W-Users] ms_iogetstdoutbufferstring() returns "empty image"

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Mar 28 11:47:39 EST 2011

On 11-03-28 12:16 PM, andrew_peru wrote:
> Ok I upgraded to 6.0.0 beta 3.  but I can't test whether the problem has been
> resolved because I'm running against a new issue.  When running a request
> for the map service I get (on the server) the typical error popup window
> saying that:
>
> "CGI / FastCGI has encoutered a problem and needs to close" "send error
> report" etc
>
> Apparently mapserver is not getting through the map file.  Event Viewer
> shows the following:
>
> "Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.3.5.0, faulting module
> msplugin_mssql2008.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000015e8."
>
> The Apache error log shows the following:
>
> "Premature end of script headers: php.cgi.exe"
>
> In fact I was using an SQLServer Spatial layer for this map service.  Do I
> need a new dll?  should I change something in Apache configuration file? in
> php.ini?

Hello,

The 6.0.0 beta packages do not include plugins (such as the MSSQL2008
plugin that your layer uses), so until the 6.0.0 release comes, you
should test your issue with another type of layer (you can check the
supported types in the 6.0.0 beta by executing 'ogrinfo --formats' and
'gdalinfo --formats').

Hope that info helps.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/