[MS4W-Users] php-cgi.exe*32 - eating up memory - Please advise!

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Apr 16 12:35:20 EST 2012

Hello,

I haven't come across php-cgi.exe memory consumption problems myself.
You might upgrade to MS4W 3.0.4 (with PHP 5.3.10) and test whether your
memory issues exist still (maybe that later PHP version fixed your
issue? not sure) If this server is using IIS, I know there is a config
switch for IIS so that 32-bit CGI modules can run on your 64-bit server.

I generally do not recommend running a 32-bit exe on a 64-bit machine,
however.  I have done custom MS4W builds in the past with x64 PHP and
MapScript, you can contact me directly regarding that.

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/