[MS4W-Users] Newbie: Using MapServer CGI in free host providers

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jul 20 08:13:38 EST 2012

Hello Saka,

You can follow generic instructions for this in your local MS4W README
(http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#k-installing-the-ms4w-mapserver-binaries-in-other-environments).

I imagine your remote folder would require permissions to run a CGI
executable (mapserv.exe) through Apache or IIS; you would have to ask
your provider.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/