[MS4W-Users] Oracle - Unable to open datasource

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 30 15:11:12 EST 2012

Simon,

I just tried to see what kind of error I get if I pass a bad SID, here
is my exact error:

ogrinfo OCI:jeff/marvin at geo2
ERROR 1: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
 in <unnamed>
ERROR 1: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
 in <unnamed>
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `OCI:jeff/marvin at geo2' with the following drivers.
  -> OCI
  -> ESRI Shapefile

That looks different than your error, doesn't it?  Did you get a "could
not resolve the connect identifier" error?

Mike Smith just pointed out on IRC that you could enable GDAL debugging
by executing this before your ogrinfo command:

  set CPL_DEBUG=on

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/