[MS4W-Users] Oracle - Unable to open datasource

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 30 15:18:35 EST 2012

With Mike's debug trick I do see more info when I pass a bad SID to
OGR/GDAL:

ogrinfo OCI:jeff/marvin at geo2
  OGR: Auto register \ms4w\gdalplugins\ogr_OCI.dll using RegisterOGROCI.
  OCI: Userid=jeff, Password=marvin, Database=geo2
  ERROR 1: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
   in <unnamed>
  OCI: Userid=jeff, Password=marvin, Database=geo2
  ERROR 1: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
   in <unnamed>
  FAILURE:
  Unable to open datasource `OCI:jeff/marvin at geo2' with the following
drivers.
    -> OCI
    -> ESRI Shapefile
    -> MapInfo File