[MS4W-Users] Attempt to classify 24bit image

José Pedro Santos zpsantos1 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:37:30 EST 2012

Dear all,

I'm trying to visualize one image of 24bit image as WMS service but when I try to use the function get map with output PNG I have this error:

 <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"><ServiceException>
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'africa_012003'.
drawGDAL(): Unable to access file. Attempt to classify 24bit image, this is unsupported.
</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

So, I change the mapfile "Imagetype" to png24 and the error was the same mostly because I have to put IMAGEMODE PC256 because with RGB don't work.

I already try to change to JPEG but when I do that said: loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured.

Some ideas?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

José Santos