[MS4W-Users] Attempt to classify 24bit image

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Nov 6 10:59:51 EST 2012

On 12-11-06 11:37 AM, José Pedro Santos wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to visualize one image of 24bit image as WMS service but when
> I try to use the function get map with output PNG I have this error:
>
>  <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1"><ServiceException>
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
> 'africa_012003'.
> drawGDAL(): Unable to access file. Attempt to classify 24bit image, this
> is unsupported.
> </ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> So, I change the mapfile "Imagetype" to png24 and the error was the same
> mostly because I have to put IMAGEMODE PC256 because with RGB don't work.
>
> I already try to change to JPEG but when I do that said:
> loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
> references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured.
>
> Some ideas?

Hello José,

Are you configuring your different output formats with the OUTPUTFORMAT
object?  Many examples live at:
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/outputformat.html  Maybe you could
paste your outputformat objects from your mapfile here for the mailing
list to look at.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/