[MS4W-Users] msValidateParameter(): Regular expression error. Parameter pattern validation failed.

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Oct 4 06:16:30 EST 2012

Hello,

I know validation became mandatory for runtime substitutions in MapServer
6.0, so this is a common question.  For examples, you might want to check
the associated ticket (https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/3522)
which refers to an example mapfile
(https://github.com/mapserver/msautotest/blob/c92a4a519de359f7105fea910506055b34eb106f/misc/runtime_sub.map).

I agree, validations are tricky.